Kitchen Exhaust Cleaning
These are the basic procedures we follow when cleaning any kitchen exhaust system:
- Check in with the manager and/or security personnel on duty.
- Turn off power to kitchen exhaust fan.
- Locate exhaust fan and prepare for cleaning by safely tipping fan or removing access doors. Run down all grease ductwork, locate and remove all access doors.
- Degrease and pressure wash all accessible areas, beginning with components of fans, vertical and horizontal ducts, duct collars, or troughs, and finally the hood canopy. Repeat process until all surfaces are cleaned to bare metal.
- Replace all filters, access doors and fans to original positions. Remove and dispose of all plastic sheeting.
- Detail polish interior and exterior of hood canopy. Wipe down any excess water from appliances, surrounding walls and prep tables.
- Restart exhaust fans and check for proper operation.
- Update and sign hood sticker with date cleaned and next scheduled cleaning.
- For an additional fee, a complete set of before and after pictures of the entire exhaust system and kitchen are taken and made available to the customer.
- Fill out job service report and, when possible, get approval signature from client’s representative.